Utara Coffee House @ Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

We bought 8 vouchers with this great offer from Groupon - [36% Off] Utara Coffee House: Weekend High Tea Buffet at 4-Star Hotel Armada PJ for RM41 only. I have been browsing through the website for the past two weeks to look for hotels and restaurants that have any promotions for birthdays and senior citizen prices. 

It was really frustrating when I look at the expensive prices that these places charge especially the unreasonable charges on the kids. Those who are 90cm will be charge the price as the adult price or some offered 50% discount. The kids are just 2-3 years old, how much they can eat?? It was a disadvantages for being tall and my kids all reached 90 cm when they are just 2 years old..Headache headache...RM 40 -50 for the price of lunch and high tea for kids..not worth at all! 

After calling to few restaurants, finally I have found what I have been looking for within my budget. RM 41 for high tea and children below 7 years old dine in for FREE!!!!. I read up some food review about Utara Coffee House and the feedback was quite good and the pictures looks promising. I called up the restaurant to ask what is the normal rate and how much they are charging for the senior citizen price. They told me that for adult is RM 60+ and senior citizen is RM 47+. That means voucher is so much cheaper!. 

So I told my hubby we have to quickly grab 8 vouchers and call for reservations. We are celebrating birthday for the April babies - my dad, my mother in law and my self. Dad in law treats all of us, its a wonderful weekend gathering with my family to enjoy the sumptuous buffet spread.


We reached early at 11.50 am. I ask the manager permission to go inside to take some pictures and introduced my self as the food blogger and he is very kind to let my hubby in first. While waiting for the buffet to start at 12 noon, we took some photos at the lobby area. Utara Coffee House serves International Buffet with simple decorations and mostly the seats are all full reserved. The food may look less impressive, but the taste is amazing! 





Mushroom chicken soup with soft crispy bread


Pasta section

Few selection of the fried items





Grilled lamb - tender and succulent meat

Wantan noodle with chicken meat

Roasted duck upon request

Fresh fruits with choices of starfruits, watermelon, papaya, melon and dragon fruits

Another private dining sections



Salad bar



Self service counter to make the prawn mee

Steamed dim sum are also available

One of my favourite - roti jala

Nasi pulut with curry gravy



The sushi choices is quite limited, fortunately the serving of the tuna and sushi roll is fresh

The ingredients to make the popiah


Beautifully platted desserts section


Local delights with puddings, kuih, cakes, chocolates, and etc. The barley drinks is refreshing and not too watery. I seldom find this drinks in other places that serves high tea buffet. Ideal for my kids


Desserts counter near to the entrance. The first two row is free of charge and we can choose the desserts. The third row is chargeable




Chicken and beef satay. The sauce is thick and spicy



Chawanmushi



Fruits rojak version

Pasembur (rojak) - served with egg, cucumber, fried beancurd, keropok and beansprout




In the making of the kebab

The prawn mee is surprisingly taste good

However, the pasta is quite disappointing

Wonderful desserts - creme brulee, pudding, chocolates, tiramisu and blueberries

The fruits is fresh and sweet

Cold desserts counter with ice creams and ABC (Ais kacang)


Ice cream potong with few local flavours which I am sure all of us like it - red beans, durian, cendol and corn




In a nutshell, I love the food here. It was obviously so much better than the 5 star Hotel Istana which I have dine in earlier in January 2015 and the price here is more affordable and worth the value. Clean and comfortable dining place, with friendly staff and the quality of the food is good. I don't mind to purchase another voucher again if the deal is still on.


Utara Coffee House

Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya
Lot 6, Lorong Utara C, 

Section 52 Petaling Jaya
46200  Selangor.

Tel: 03-7954 6888 (ext 4557)

Website  : http://www.armada.com.my/dining_utara.php
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HotelArmadaPJ

Menu Link : http://gm-img.s3.amazonaws.com/2012/08-2012/Armada%20Petaling%20Jaya/Armada%20Hotel%20-%20High%20Tea%20Buffet%20Menu.pdf


Groupon Link : http://www.groupon.my/deals/klang/utara-coffee-house-5/720047589